- Last Updated - March 21, 2022
As of March 21, 2022 ALL visits to the IGS KW office will be by appointment
ONLY, please call or e-mail to arrange a time. If you arrive without an appointment
you will find the door locked. Face masks are no longer mandated, but keep
in mind your safety and the safety of others as our public area is small.
As of December 20, 2021 all visits to the IGS KW office will be by appointment
only, the door will be locked at other times. Further requirements to enter the
office are expected to be introduced early in the new year as IGS falls under
federally mandated rules being a telecom company.
As of September 2021 many restrictions have been removed, but wearing a mask while visiting
our offices remains due to the small size of our public area. We also continue to request
that anyone wishing to physically enter our offices phone ahead in order that we may better
coordinate the number of people entering the indoor environment at one time.
As of April 8, 2021 a new "Stay at Home" Provincial order has been issued, anyone
wishing to enter the physical offices of IGS KW is required to make advance
contact with us to schedule an appointment in order for everyone to be able to
comply with Provincial and Regional Health regulations. Please do not show up
unannounced, you may find the door locked if you have not made an appointment.
On March 24, 2020 the Ontario Government listed those providing Internet services as an
essential service and should not cease operation. This makes perfect sense as the Internet
provides a means for people to work remotely, stay in contact, and allow continued
interaction with the world. While we have not noticed any service degradation on our
network or the networks of our direct carrier suppliers, increased strain on the system is
no doubt likely to occur with the increase in usage. Our high speed access accounts continue
to provide unlimited bandwidth, but it would be unrealistic to believe connection speeds
to some locations and servers in the world would not be adversely affected due to increased
IGS KW is doing everything possible to remain fully operational and here for
our clients to the best of our abilities. There are however a number of changes in
the manner in which we and our suppliers will be conducting business for the foreseeable
In-Person visits to the IGS KW office for any reason MUST be arranged in advance,
walk-ins will no longer be allowed for any reason without prior arrangement.
Any new service order that requires a carrier technician visit now comes with new
- Is anyone on site displaying symptoms of the Covid-19 virus including fever with cough and/or difficulty breathing?
- Has anyone on site travelled abroad within the last 14 days?
- Has anyone on site come into contact with someone who has or is believed to may have the virus, or is quarantined at the present time?
- If the answer to ANY of the above questions is YES, your order can NOT be accepted.
Prior to ANY installation appointment, the Service Technician will call ahead to reconfirm:
- if anyone onsite has travelled abroad in the last 14 days
- if any member of the household is experiencing symptoms
- If you answer YES to any of the above questions, or if the service technician cannot reach you, they may cancel the appointment
- When visiting your site, the service technicians will be wearing gloves while in your home, using hand sanitizer between visits and will use disinfectant wipes on everything they touch in your home. They are also expected to keep a 1 to 2 metre distance from anyone in the home
- The Service Technician is free to decide NOT to enter your site if they feel you are exhibiting symptoms or have travelled abroad
Installation or Repair wait times requiring a carrier service technician is increasing by
the day, while this will be frustrating, it is beyond the control of IGS KW and to a major
extent all those involved in the process due to increased demands on how business must be
preformed. Extreme patience is going to be required when human travel and contact is
required for either installations or repairs.
- Please do your part to lessen the impact of the current circumstances and stay healthy.
- April 27 - Delay times for dispatch of technician from a teleco carrier has now reached 4 weeks, that is not a typo, it is now 28 days.
- May 19 - Delay times for a full cable based internet service is now 60 days. If you
already have a Rogers TV service and are willing to source your own coax splitter and
cables, it can be done sooner, but this leaves the coax cable and splitter to the client.
- July 15 - The Region of Waterloo has passed a face covering by-law that is
now in affect for indoor locations such as the IGS KW office, please keep
everyone safe by following the law. Appointments are still required in order
to ensure safe physical distancing for clients. If you arrive without an
appointment you may find the door locked.