When working with 2 people you can be eating fresh pizza faster than it could be delivered!!!
- 2.5 Cups All purpose flour
- 230 ml Hot water (from tap is fine)
- 60 ml Oil (your favourite)
- 1.5 tablespoons Quick rising yeast (or 2 individual use envelopes)
- "dash" of salt (to activate yeast)
- Spaghetti sauce (3-5 tablespoons, too much will make mushy dough)
- Italian seasoning or Pizza spice (if you can find it). Sprinkle to taste on top of sauce.
- Cheese (Mozzarella, Cheddar, etc...) go for lower MF% and High Moisture for best melting results.
- Warning: Some toppings will not cook within normal baking time, pre-cook these items (Bacon, Chicken, Seafood, etc...)
Preheat oven to 475 degrees Farenheight
Into a large bowl
Cook for 11-15 minutes on/near bottom rack. Dough should be brown and firm to the touch.
- Take 1.5 cups of flour and all other dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add Water and Oil.
- Mix together until you have a very sitcky paste (this ensures the ingredients are well distributed, and yeast gets wet).
- Add rest of flour gradually while mixing and kneading.
- Final result will be dough that is dry enough to pick up without sticking to your hands
- Roll dough onto pan.
Makes normal crust thickness when rolled onto 15 inch round pan (Pampered Chef baking stone works really well).
If you want thinner crust use more pans or larger pan, thicker use smaller pan.
If you leave the dough rolled onto the pan on top of the stove it will start rising for a thicker crust.
- Add toppings to dough. Beware that wet ingredients can cause the dough to not cook properly using standard cook times. Best idea is to have the cheese below the toppings.
Note: If not cooking immediately don't add toppings until ready for oven.
More interesting variant :
Add one or more of the following to the dough when mixing dry ingredients:
Depending on quantity of extra ingredients added add proportional amounts of Oil and Water
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder or granules (NOT SALT)
- Onion powder (NOT SALT)
- Other spices (NOT SALT)
"Hot Pocket" variant:
Handy version that is easier to transport in a lunch bag/box. Kids love them too. If you want to freeze them, only cook 80% to oven reheat, 100% for microwave.
Also works well as a kids party activity, it ensures they have what they want on their pizza.
Pick a variant above to make dough then :
- Roll dough very thin < 5 mm
- Cut into circles about the size of your hand when fully spread (6" or 15 cm)
- Put toppings onto half of the circle
- Fold the circle in half, pinching it together around the edge
- Bake as normal.